[G4] Sawtooth 350mhz Video upgrade: GeForce 4mx, or GeForce3 ?

csean at poc.it csean at poc.it
Wed Aug 6 02:36:11 PDT 2003

on 06/08/2003 01:48, Power Macintosh G4 List at G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Hey can anyone recommend a pci video card for a second monitor. I have an
> ATI Radeon 9000 64 megs in my Sawtooth 350 G4 with a really crappy pci video
> card for my second monitor. Because the sawtooth can't support dual monitor
> cards, at least that's what I've found on some sites, can someone recommend
> something?
>
> --
> Ryan
> Randall Flagg
> www.randallflagg.w

PCI video cards aren't too good with Jaguar, so I'd try a different
solution. The Radeon 9000 you have in the Sawtooth is WASTED because the
Sawtooth can't drive an ADC monitor, so I'd suggest selling it and getting a
Radeon 8500, which does offer dual monitor support (DVI and VGA). Or else
try trading it straight up for an 8500, maybe there's somebody with an 8500
who wants to use an ADC display.

Chris