Getting a Madlogix External Firewire Drive to work

Daniel Brieck djbrieck at mac.com
Sat Aug 9 12:41:54 PDT 2003

I just purchased an  external firewire drive enclosure that use to
house a CD-RW drive. The enclosure i installed my G4's original 27 Gig
Quantum drive. The drive spins up and the light flashes on the under
side of the drive but then it stops flashing and never mounts to the
finder. The fire wire device does show up in the system profiler but
nowhere else like the in the Disk Utility. Does anyone have any ideas
to what the problem is or is the enclosure just broken. It seems to me
like it is missing some drivers Maybe there is some generic drivers
that i can find and use.  Any ideas... The enclosure is made by
Madlogix who seems to have closed up shop.

thanks in advance

Dan Brieck Jr.