2nd Network Card

Pastor Mac pastormac at macmail.com
Sat Aug 9 12:29:07 PDT 2003

I just received a card with the Realtek RTL8139C chipset.  I installed
it in a PCI slot and booted and expected to open the network preference
pane (in Jaguar, btw) to get a configuration screen but nothing.
Pressed the CUDA and rebooted--still nothing.  What does one do in X to
find and configure new hardware?  BTW, I've put in two other cards (a
Linksys and Netgear) also to no avail.  Apple System Profiler does see
cards in the PCI slot but the OS is not doing anything about it.  Also
wik, the RTL8139.kext is in the Extensions folder.  Am I doing
something wrong?
Pax,

Pastor Mac
On OS X