[G4] G5 or G4

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Fri Aug 15 06:26:44 PDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Kunga wrote:

> Get the dual 2 GHz G5 if you can afford it. Even the 1.6 GHz G5 would
> be a better choice for you. Photoshop 7 will be 64-bit optimized for G5
> very soon.

I would agree except one small note, you can actually get two G4 duals for
about the same price as the dual G5.

However, the G5 will actually get faster in the next year
as software get optimized for it. It is pretty much an apple tradition
that it takes about a year for the software to catch up to the hardware.
with a new architecture and it will be fast in the meantime.