[G4] G5 or G4

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Aug 15 10:06:24 PDT 2003

Let's see. 2 x 1.25 G4 = 2.5 GHz @ 32-bits x 2 units = 5 GHz @ 32-bits.
  $3200

2 x 2 G5 = 4 GHz @ 64-bits = 8 GHz @ 32-bits. $3000

No the math tells me you do not get two dual 1.25 GHz G4s for about the
same price as a dual 2 GHz G5. More like one dual 2 GHz G5 is like
getting almost 3 G4's for less than the price of two G4's. Moreover,
this is only an exercise in comparing processing speeds not taking into
account the radically faster bus and all the rest of the G5's much
faster components.

kunga10 (AIM)
kunga47 (Yahoo Messenger with Cross-Platform dial-up Video sans audio
on Macs)