[G4] Weird 15" LCD display problem

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Wed Aug 20 11:04:43 PDT 2003

Whoops! I have to admit that I was in OS-8/9 mode a bit ago when I sent my
response to this question. When I fired up my laptop and saw the OS-X startup
screen, I realized that my suggestions only applied to the earlier OS versions.

OS-X does have the same options available for visually handicapped users, but
the way to adjust those settings is slightly different than the older OS
versions.

You have to use a different control in OS-X. Go to the Universal Access
settings under System Preferences. Use the switch button to revert to normal
color/black on white settings.

There is an option to allow shortcut access to this control, and that should
be left un-checked to prevent future re-occurrences of this condition. If this
option is selected, he might have done exactly what he said - hit an F-key
and caused the change.

Sorry about the lapse in OS awareness. I do a lot of work using older
versions of the OS and sometimes don't reset my personal preferences when I switch
modes.