[G4] Black boxes (was: IBM chip fabs)

jgvp jgvp at cogeco.ca
Fri Aug 22 22:43:59 PDT 2003

Just shows you how times have changed, Joe. I once was asked by the
postal authorities to facilitate the sorting of the vast numbers of
return envelopes used by the corporation I worked for. After
deliberating with the envelope manufacturer and the postal authority we
all decided in the interests of economy that the best option would be
to have a black stripe running diagonally across the lower left corner
of the envelope.

. Well, we were flooded with correspondence from irate customers who
wrote such comments as: "funereal", "I'm not dead yet", " does this
signal the end of xxxx ? " etc., etc.

  I wonder when my G5 Black Box arrives, should I seize the opportunity
to finally get in some retaliatory whacks with similar comments to
those at Apple who opted for the cursed Black Box ? <s>