[G4] Switching hard drives

Harrie Westphal harriew at frontiernet.net
Mon Aug 25 08:01:58 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 07:06  njw wrote:

> Carbon Copy Cloner is the greatest shareware program I own. I just
> used it last week to change complete hard drives around in my
> Sawtooth.

I have to agree about how great Carbon Copy Cloner is. I haven't tried
Retrospects Duplicate function mainly because Carbon Copy Cloner does
such a great job. However, there is one thing that bugs me and that is
that all of your aliases are botched up on the drive you clone to. If
you have a Drive A and use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone that drive to
Drive B when you are done the aliases on Drive B still point to Drive
A. Is there a piece of software somewhere that can find all of the
aliases on Drive B that refer to Drive A and change them to refer to
Drive B?