[G4] SuperDrive Install Problem on Mirror-Door G4

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Tue Aug 26 00:04:59 PDT 2003

Two things wrong. Wrong order (106 belongs on top for iDVD3 to see it)
and forgot to remove the 106 faceplate from the front of the tray.

Remove the mounting bracket and reverse the drives. 106 on Top and
Combo on Bottom both set to cable select.

1. As you pull the bracket, before you remove the POWER connector from
the 106, turn the Mac on and push the eject button on the drive so the
tray slides open.

2. Then immediately hold the Mac power button to turn it OFF. Now
unplug the power cable from the 106 and set the bracket on a table.

3. The faceplate of the front of the tray slides UP and OFF of the
front of the tray leaving a smaller tray face that fits through the MDD
door. You may SLOWLY push the tray back into the drive without hurting
the mechanism.

4. Now you can remove the 106 from the bottom and the Combo from the
top.

5. Move Combo to bottom of bracket.

6. Put 106 in the top. BOTH cable select.

7. Reinstall the pair in the bracket, hook up the cables, you're good
to go.

kunga10 (AIM)
kunga47 (Yahoo Messenger with Cross-Platform dial-up Video sans audio
on Macs)