[G4] Analog to Digital Video Help

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Mon Dec 1 04:33:16 PST 2003

Wade,
I don't know anything about the Belkin device, but the InterView USB
device from Daystar
(http://daystartechnology.com/products/xlr8_products/
b_ps_usbivosx.html) will allow you to take composite video out and
converts it to Quicktime video, which you can then convert to DV with
Quicktime Pro. The converted video will work in iMovie. This is not a
high quality solution but it is only about $50 (plus QT Pro), which is
a lot less than the DV bridges (about $300) or DV video cameras. It
comes with some nice capture software and also some software that will
let you use your video camera as a webcam. I have used this method to
take Sony 8mm video into iMovie and it works fairly well. The capture
and conversion is a lot more tedious than just plugging your DV camera
in and having iMovie control it, but it is inexpensive.
HTH,
Mel

"May thy ball lie in green pastures - and not in still waters."
~Author Unknown