Epson Scanners

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 2 06:51:19 PST 2003

I'm trying to help my Dad, a newbie, with his Epson Perfection 1250 Photo.

He's running OSX.1 (won't upgrade to 10.2, won't get Adobe Elements,
etcetera ...)
on an iMac G4.

Just d/l the File to Scan utility, which should work. I have a general groan
and vent about the free software that comes with these scanners. It is awful
:@(

Is there anyway to call up the Epson Twain utility without having to go through
their terrible interface? It is slow and very confusing. The image manipulation
software, Photoimpressions, maxes to full screen and won't minimize w/o
quitting altogether. Wish I could bypass this as well.

I  have demoed Photoshop for him so hopefully he will see the advantage to
shelling out the $99.

P.S.: I just installed Photoshop 7 on my G4 Tower. I thought it supported
scanners willy-nilly, but I guess not. I suppose I need a driver from Hewlett
Packard to put in my Plug-ins folder? Oh, no, this is  now OSX and I have
no idea where it goes.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com