[G4] HP IIP Plus - Printer

Amir 'CG' Caspi cepheid at ssl.berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 2 19:31:39 PST 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Scott wrote:

> Laserjet IIP Plus. Do not know if I can even hook it up to my G4. Has
> anyone had any experience with one of these? It looks like a PC parallel

I've got one sitting under my desk.  It was a great little printer for
many years... until files started getting huge (read: after Office v5).  I
can remember the days when it would actually take OVER AN HOUR to print a
simple full-page JPEG.
	For regular text, it's excellent.  I wouldn't hold your breath for
printing anything fancy, though.  That cable is an old Mac printer cable,
before they used USB.  You may be able to find an adapter someplace, but I
can't suggest where because I've never tried... but I'm sure one exists
someplace.

> right side that looks like it accepts a plug-in cartridge of some type.

Yep, that is for an optional PostScript cartridge.  If you want to be able
to print extra fonts and stuff, you should get that cartridge.  If it's
still available.

It was a good printer, and it still will be for text purposes... if that's
your need, you've got a great deal.

Hope this helps!

--
						--- Amir