[G4] Epson Scanners

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 2 15:05:12 PST 2003

At 11:05 AM -0500 12/2/03, Snoke Jay S NPRI wrote:
>Anne-
>I have an Epson Perfection 1200 - pretty much the same scanner.  I tried
>everything before I broke down and used the Scan to File Utility.  I do
>not use Photoimpressions.  You can control the scan just as you could with
>the previous OS 9 version if you fiddle around with it - meaning you can
>change the resolution, target file size, etc...

Thanks - the entire Epson Utility is a wierd interface, with 6 panels that
are pretty superfluous,
Scan to File, Scan to Print, Scan to Email, Scan for Creativity ... you get
the idea. I d/l the Scan to File Utility (the only one they have for OS
X.1), and hopefully can bypass the overwrought app. Dad
always forgets what to do with it, and frankly, so do I.

>Re: your HP scanner - I suppose if you go to HP's website, you can find
>the OS X version of your driver...???

No ... it would seem HP doesn't support OSX for my scanner. I suppose I
could put Epson's
Twain for PS7 in the Plugins folder and see what happens.

I did a newbie thing today though while looking for the serial number on
the HP - while plugging
it in again I hit the large circular button on the front and this brings up
the HP scan utility independent
of Photoshop. I could just save to file, and I guess then I could use
either PS6 in OS9 or PS7 in
OSX, whatever catches my fancy. That's so un-difficult I might just stop
there and not worry
any more about it.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com