Please HELP if You Can

Ron Michael ronmicha at midsouth.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 14:59:30 PST 2003

My G4 1.25 mirrored-door won't power up. Is there an internal reset of some
sort? Here's the awful details. Tonight my daughter was helping me plug in a
power supply for a new DSL router. The computer was on. I didn't really
realize what she was doing but she unplugged the G4 without me powering down
or shutting down. I know that's a no-no but she didn't. Now everything else
in the TrippLite power strip works including monitors, speakers, etc. except
the G4. The "start/poweron" light will come alive while you hold it, but
goes off when you release it, so the computer won't boot.  I'm afraid
there's power supply damage, etc. What do you all think? Thanks for any
advice you can give.
Ron/Memphis