Font managers and OS choices?

Ascender ascender at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 9 09:14:59 PST 2003

Hello fellow G4 owners

I have a G4; quicksilver 800 and admit that I am slow to make changes.

Previously I had a 7600/120 for years and managed those fonts; saving my
favorites; tossing the rest.  When I moved to the G4 I gave up my favorite
fonts and stuck with those that came with the computer.  I would like to go
back and get some of those fonts and was wondering the best way to do this:
to use my iomega zip drive? To go out and purchase a font manager?

I am also dragging my feet on this decision as I am still in OS 9.2;
concerned about what will happen should I convert to classic mode; let alone
OS X.2 or OS.X.3.  Will I need to pay for further updates on the font
manager?  Will I need to toss out fonts with each upgrade?  Do fonts act
differently in OS X; let alone OS X.3?

I work mostly out of Quark 5.0; and don¹t have enough funds to update it and
OS x.3 and Disc Warrior etc.  Could someone suggest not only a good font
manager; but a OS mode (classic? 9.2? OSX.3?) that will allow me to work
without the constant need of upgrade?  Am I alone in this struggle?

Thank you for your time and attention.

ascender at earthlink.net