Drive Partition Disappeared

Brian Conner brianconner at vision-video.com
Tue Dec 9 10:15:55 PST 2003

I have a client with a Mirror Drive Door G4 (dual 1.25) that I built a month
or two ago. It has three internal drives. The boot drive is the ATA100
Master, but the other two are striped (RAID0) off of a SIIG ultra ATA133/100
Pro Mac controller card in PCI slot 5.

Suddenly, the drives disappeared. The card appears in Apple System Profiler,
but the drives (2 X Hitachi GXP180 120GB drives) are not recognized by ASP.
Of course, Disk Utility doesn't see them either.

If I tried the reset button method (CUDA?) discussed on a recent thread
here, am I likely to resurrect them? Or does anyone have an alternative
idea?

The client is 3 hours away from me, but I'm traveling there tomorrow, so I
can pop in to troubleshoot this onsite.

In the meantime, I'm looking for a way I can walk them through this on the
phone to give them these drives back. Anyone?

Brian Conner