[G4] Buying a custom built G4

Zoki zoki.news at linuxix.net
Tue Dec 9 16:29:35 PST 2003

Le 09/12/2003 14:37, « sr ferenczy » <srf7425 at rit.edu> a écrit :

> But even if the app is not written for dual CPUs, OS X is a
> multi-threaded operating system, and can give you increased benefits on
> dual CPUs if you are running a couple of apps simultaneously (and the
> apps themselves arent dual CPU smart)
>
> sandor

*** Yes, that's right. That would be worth spending money on if you were to
encode a movie and at the same time applicate a gaussian blurr to a 256Mb
photo in Photoshop. And yo're time was money.

That, however, is not the context in which the  user I was responding to
going to be.

--
Cheers,
Zoran.

If C lets you shoot yourself in the foot, C++ lets you blow your whole leg
off.
  -- Bjarne Stroustrup