[G4] new guy

LeftyZ at aol.com LeftyZ at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 16:18:59 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/11/03 9:32:46 PM, kastegir at mac.com writes:

<< > I have a G4....graphite perhaps...about a year and a half old....I've
> heard
> it called "Quicksilver."  The fan with the black plastic cowling --
> the one on
> the main board (on the door) next to the heat sinks, is making a lot
> of noise
> after it warms up.
>
> How can I replace it, or fix it, without taking my computer to a
> repair place
> and spending an unwarranted amount of money?

I had some luck fixing a similar problem on a quicksilver 733 by
removing the fan and adding some teflon lubricant to the fan bearings.
Also, make sure that the fan is screwed in firmly, that noise might be
vibration due to loose screws. >>

Hey, the teflon helped a bit....thanks very much.

Left