Updating to Panther Last?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 20 00:47:48 PST 2003

Hi,

I was just wondering, as I'm a late adopter, if there's any way to find
out easily when things are just ready to go to the "unsupported" category.

For example, Panther looks great but I'd like to wait a year to upgrade,
but at the same time don't want to find I can't get it from Apple and I need
it to upgrade to the next thing.

This isn't just an idle worry; it keeps happening to me. I had to get my
brother to d/l a copy of System 9.1 so I could upgrade my laptop from
9.0.2 to run Dreamweaver MX. He'll also have to d/l 9.2 because Apple
won't give me any free CDs and I can't get it on my slow connection.

I keep the desktop machine more up to date - have had Jaguar on it
since July and it's wonderful. I might just not upgrade because it
works so well for me. Kind of a repeat of the lovely experience
with OS 8.

Any thoughts? Don't say eBay, although that's always an option.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com