[G4] Hard Drive Failure

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Wed Dec 24 10:38:32 PST 2003

kind of grasping at straw, but shut down the entire system, unplug
peripherals, unplug the power cord. let it sit for 1/2 hour then
restart it holding down cmd-s  (is that correct??) to boot into single
user mode. if a command line comes up, type "fsck -y" (without the
quotes) and hit enter. repeat until it comes up "ok" two times in a
row.  then type "reboot" again, without the quotes. '

oh, and remove all drives but the WD 120 from the machine.

sandor