[G4] Updating to Panther Last?

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Wed Dec 24 10:34:54 PST 2003

if you ignore meaningless numbers, and focus instead upon release
dates, the OS 7-8 timeline really falls quite close to the os X
timeline in regards to paid releases. (maybe apple just wants to keep
os X around for a long while, thus they use all the 10.* combinations
they can....

Oct 1991   7.0  paid
Oct 1992   7.1  paid
Sept 1994  7.5  paid
Jan 1997   7.6  paid
July 1997  8.0  paid
Oct 1998   8.5  paid
Oct 1999   9.0  paid
Mar 2001   10.0 paid (public beta)
Oct 2001   10.1 paid (many consider first "real" os x)
Aug 2002   10.2 paid
June 2003  10.3 paid

looks to me like apple has stayed pretty consistent in regards to paid
updates, other than changing their numbering system....

sandor