[G4] Pioneer DVD-r drives

Frank Dutra Frank at NantucketHydrangea.com
Fri Dec 26 09:23:13 PST 2003

Paid $125.00 for the 106 with free shipping and it arrived 3 days
later despite the Christmas rush.

http://www.diymicro.com/index.asp

Haven't had a chance to open the box yet since I found out it's not
supported under OS 9.2.2 on my G4 450 dual. Waiting for my 10.2 disk
to arrive (the 106 is  supposedly natively supported under 10.2.8). I
knew I'd get caught by OS X sooner or later but sure am gonna miss my
extremely stable, perky, does everything I want OS 9 environment.
It's my understanding that the A06 is the same as the 106 with PC
software included.

Also, in  response to an earlier post about incomplete burns... there
is a software patch available somewhere to prevent buffer over-run.
IIRC, I read about it on this list, or maybe the other G list.

Another question on this same topic... does anyone know if Toast will
support this drive in OS 9 ?

Frank