[G4] Panther on a Yikes & more questions

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Mon Dec 29 22:52:07 PST 2003

Greg, it is easy to put a gig of RAM in your Yikes; Panther will purrr
on 512 mb and over, running the apps you speak of. It is TOO easy to add
an internal drive on the Yikes; and much cheaper than an external HD.
Get a 7200 rpm drive. A 40 to 80 gig is plenty for what you do, and when
you get the G5 you will use the Yikes less. Keeping your cost down is
good as you save for the G5.

As routers go; Cheap is great (10/100). Most routers work on Macs even
when they don't say so. Unless you are putting your macs in different
rooms go with ethernet and CAT5 wire.

Manzie Greg wrote