[G4] Panther on a Yikes

Marc van Gemert listz at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 30 23:14:29 PST 2003

Same here, running 10.3.1 on my B&W G3 400 with 768MB CAS2 RAM and a
flashed 64MB Radeon 7000 with QE enabled. This Mac is now my server for
my network @ home (it has 2x 80GB Maxtor 8MB cache on a Sonnet ATA133
RAID setup). It was previously running Jaguar, but Panther made it even
snappier, just like Mel said.
Marc

Roger Harris wrote:
> I have the same setup as Mel but with G4/450 and the Radeon without the
> video hack. Panther was a very noticeable improvement over Jaguar on
> this mac.
>
> Roger
>
> Mel Krewall wrote:
>
>> I have Panther on a B/W G3 500, which the same motherboard as your
>> Yikes. Panther (10.3.2) works great on it. I do have 768 MB of RAM and
>> a 32 MB PCI Radeon video card (Quartz Extreme-enabled hack), which
>> helps perfomance. Still, I would think your machine would see some
>> speed improvement from Panther; it certainly made the B/W snappier. It
>> has been very stable for me. If you don't have SCSI or other stuff
>> like that you should be fine.
>> Mel

*
*