[G4] Newbie Burner/OS X adopter Question

Frank Dutra Frank at NantucketHydrangea.com
Wed Dec 31 11:00:20 PST 2003

I've just installed OS 10.2.8 on my dual 450 (gigabit Ethernet), 256
mb ram, 2 HD, adaptec scsii PCI with no apparent problems. Then I
replaced original CD/DVD drive with new Pioneer 106 (D) drive which
seemed to work fine for playing and booting in both OS X, and OS
9.2.2 (separate drives and partitions).

Bought a fifty pack of Memorex 700 mb 52X multi speed CD_R which my
PC friends have been using with good results. The latest version of
Itunes with OS 10.2.8 recognized the blank disk and prompted me to
burn a playlist which I created by importing a few cuts of a
commercial music CD. I was then informed that none of the items from
the playlist could be burned to disk followed by another message
saying the disk I inserted contained no volumes the Mac OS could read.

I don't Know where to start... bad OS X, bad Pioneer burner, Bad
Itunes, bad disks...  Bad  Frank?  Help!

Frank Dutra