[G4] Security erase utility

martin martin at atelierdesign.net
Wed Feb 5 06:27:07 PST 2003

maybe try a bulk eraser like we used to use for reel-to-reel tapes (
if you can find one these days).  A poor man's version, is to use a
strong magnet, and just move it in small circles over your floppies
(just lay em out on a desktop). I've tried this, and it really works
- I wound up with Unreadable disks that I had to reformat even to
use. This pretty much scrambles (makes into "noise") all the
magnetically encoded data on the diskette.

Anyway, it's cheap, fast and thorough, even though it feels a little
like a pagan ritual! hahaha.  Just remember to do this away from your
good data (and your wallet!!!). Magnets are indiscriminate...