[G4] g4 new vs old

Snoke Jay S NPRI SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Fri Feb 7 06:49:47 PST 2003

	All-
	   ESD precautions are always a good idea, but if you use a wrist strap, make absolutely sure the wrist strap is *GROUNDED* (or at EARTH depending on yoour flavor of English).  You can always have the power cord plugged in and the unit off - then make sure your wrist strap is connected to the chassis ground to be CERTAIN you are grounded.
	unless I'm doing lots more than replacing a hard drive or adding RAM or something like that, I usually don't use a strap.  There are always places on the chassis you can keep a finger on while you work.  I absolutely avoid doing things like this when the humidity is low, btw - more static buildup occurs then! (ie, in the winter when the humidity in your home etc drops to 50% or less...)

	Jay