[G4] Noise issue

Donald Fuller donfuller at mac.com
Fri Feb 7 07:09:04 PST 2003

On Friday, Feb 7, 2003, at 08:01 US/Central, ABK wrote:

> I am looking at buying a new G4 dual tower and need some assistance. I
> have
> heard that the computer is extremely noisy. Is this also true of the
> newly
> released models? If anyone can shed some light on this issue I would
> greatly
> appreciate it as it may help me determine what I should be buying.
> Thanks

All indications point to Apple having fixed the noise problem in the
new 2003 Power Macs. They've replaced the 2-60mm Delta fans in the
power supply  with 2-60mm Nidec fans  and also changed the Heatsink fan
to a different type. Overall the 2003s are quieter, BUT, still make a
little hum.

HTH,

DonMega