G4 with 9.2.2 vs Slackware

Shelley Huston sihuston at myepath.com
Fri Feb 7 13:19:53 PST 2003

A local ISP supposedly will have DSL available for us in April - wish
wish.  I'm trying their dialup service but it doesn't work with my
old 450 G4 with 9.2.2.  They are running Slackware on Linux.  I can
login.  I can get all my email (from myepath.com and earthlink.net as
well as theirs - mdvl.net) once.  I can access maybe one or two
websites.  Then their server doesn't seem to allow me to get past the
local connection.  I get Domain Name errors on my other accounts and
Server can't be found on MSIE 5.1.6.  They, of course, know nothing
about Macs tho they say they have some clients happily running
versions of 8.n.  Cable and DSL plus, of course, satellite access are
not available here so I hope this situation can be remedied.  Can
anyone help?  Please!  Thanks.  Shel

Shelley Huston, sihuston at myepath.com