Request for help RE: OS 9.1, TCP/IP & SBC Yahoo

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu Feb 13 07:19:15 PST 2003

"Guldbeck, Alex" <AGuldbeck at FremontGroup.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but one thing I have =
> noticed is that my TCP/IP control panel keeps resetting the "connect =
> via" setting from "Enternet Classic" to "PPP," even when I go into =
> administrative mode and lock it.
> =20
> I have tried everything, I have deleted the preference files for remote =
> access and TCP/IP, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Enternet =
> software half a dozen times, power-cycled the modem, rebooted my =
> computer, moved the modem a way from all other electronic equipemnt, =
> etc. But for some reason the control panel keeps resetting to "Connect =
> via PPP"

You did not say anything specifically about the AppleTalk Control Panel.  Is
it set to "Ethernet" or "Modem Port"?

Beyond that, possibly your problem will go away if you do a "clean" install
your OS 9.1, or upgrade to OS 9.2.2.

Another e-list to consider joining is Dan Knight's Mac Network.  Look for it
at his web site lowendmac.com.

Good Luck!

--
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,