Password/Keychain problems in Mail?

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Sat Feb 15 23:47:31 PST 2003

I've read on the Apple Discussions board about the following problem I
am having and no one seems to have a real anwer. Perhaps someone here
is having the same situation.

Mail is set to collect every minute. I have 10 accounts. It works fine
90% of the  time but often enough I walk into the room to find the
bouncing mail stamp in the dock freaking out because Mail wants my
password again for one or more accounts. Apparently, it has been denied
permission from the server etc...

This is not a server problem as I see people having this Mail issue
with all sorts of ISP companies. It is some sort of freaky bug with the
Keychain or Password archives?

I was holding out hope that 10.2.4 would bring a fix (and hoping it
would also fix the printing problems with Epson and custom paper sizes)
but it did not.

Anyone else having problems with Mail being unreliable with its
automated collection?

Kathy