[G4] Strange desktop display problem

Ralph Garrett ralphbones at kc.rr.com
Sun Feb 16 00:03:53 PST 2003

On Sunday, Feb 16, 2003, at 01:41 US/Central, KathyMac! wrote:

> NOW they say the following:
>
> Jaguar- 15 GB, 8.8 GB free
> OS 9.2 - 25 GB, 5 GB free
> AV Disk - 40 GB, 9 GB free
>
> As you can see, only the Jaguar partition is displaying the correct
> information on the desktop.
> The other two partitions are completely false! What has gone wrong -
> any  clue?
>
> Kathy

Are you sure they're incorrect? What software are you using? A friend
ran into a similar situation recently. He was working on several video
projects in FCP with 99 levels of undo and the A/V render,  waveform
cache, and other files filled up his hard drive very quickly (he has 2
120G drives internally and a 120G external Firewire drive). He only had
1.5G left on his Jag partition and couldn't burn DVDs because he had no
room left. I now tease him about keeping his room clean.

Ralph