[G4] Password/Keychain problems in Mail?

Brian Silverio x3748 bsilverio at necc.mass.edu
Mon Feb 17 08:52:13 PST 2003

What has happened is that the mail program has been denied access by the server.  The program assumes that the logon information needs updating and asks you for the password.

This happens in mail-app, outlook, enrourage and every other mail program I have used.

This is not a password/keychain problem.  It is a design issue.  There should be a flag you can set somewhere that says "don't bother me if you can't get my mail every once in a while.  Just try again later:"

--
Brian Silverio
(among other things) Postmaster for necc.mass.edu