[G4] Password/Keychain problems in Mail?

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Tue Feb 18 04:23:56 PST 2003

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 11:44  PM, Power Macintosh G4 List
wrote:

> [G4] Password/Keychain problems in Mail?

> What has happened is that the mail program has been denied access by
> the server.  The program assumes that the logon information needs
> updating and asks you for the password.
>
> This happens in mail-app, outlook, enrourage and every other mail
> program I have used.
>
> This is not a password/keychain problem.  It is a design issue.  There
> should be a flag you can set somewhere that says "don't bother me if
> you can't get my mail every once in a while.  Just try again later:"
>
> --
> Brian Silverio
> (among other things) Postmaster for necc.mass.edu

Thanks for the explanation, Brian. If that is indeed the problem then
we definitely need that "don't bother me" override for the occasional
(but ever so increasing) hiccups!

I must be lucky though....you say it happens in all mail apps but I've
not had it do this at all in Entourage. I fired up my Entourage (which
is my fav app and extremely customized) and had it checking the mail
every minute all day and night once I tired of the Apple Mail password
circus. Never had a failure in Entourage...maybe it hit the server at
all the right times.

Kathy