[G4] Palm Pilot Question

Tim Allen tim at dailynail.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 01:34:06 PST 2003

Hi

I bought a new IBM Workpad C500 on ebay for only £75 and it's a clone of the
m500 which is £200 over here in rip-off England. It's a great machine,
though Palm Desktop 4 can be a pain under OS9 if you don't use "Palm4Fix" to
sort it. Hotsyncing through USB is really fast compared to serial on my old
Palm Pro or m105. The Palm is really useful - my favourite app is 'iSilo'
that lets you grab info from web sites and read it on the go. It's better
than Avantgo as there are no conduits involved, and will therefore work
under OS X which Avantgo doesn't. Wordsmith is a great WP if you buy a
fold-out keyboard (the Palm one is awesome - so 'James Bond'!). Splashphoto
is a great picture viewer and BackupBuddy is useful for backing up to an SD
or MMC card. I used to love my Newton but as usual with Apple it was too far
ahead of it's time...

Tim Allen.

"WOPR - now there's a computer..."