G4 upgrades on a beige G3 - scsi and printer help?

Snoke Jay S NPRI SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Fri Jan 3 06:03:59 PST 2003

All-
	I recently did a major upgrade to my beige G3 - a 500 MHz G4 zif, an Orange Micro USB/fireWire card, a Radeon 7000 ME video board, and more RAM.  I did the uprage a bit at a time and tested it at each step.  I then upgraded to Jaguar, and have been getting everything to work a bit at a time as well...but I have ran into the following problems:

	1.  I have an Epson Stylus Color 800 printer, and it is not seen by the system - I assume I need a new driver, and I've heard Epson is waaaay behind the curve in updating their drivers (I totally understand that since this is an older model there is no incentive for them to do so).  Are there any drivers out there worth looking at?  Anyone have any experience with this?

	2.  The new OS doesn't see my SCSI hard drive as mountable.  Since I was thorough and backed up *all* my data before I started, I didn't lose any data, but it would be nice to be able to use it.  The system sees all SCSI devices on the motherboard SCSI bus, and will mount everything (including old Syquest drives and a SCSI ZIP drive) attached to it but that one drive.  I have used the OS X Disk Utility;  it sees the drive, and I reformatted it and updated drivers (including trying with/without OS 9 drivers) to no avail.  Anyone have any experience with this?

tia.

	Jay S. Snoke