Should my Dad go to Jaguar?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 6 07:51:47 PST 2003

My Dad has a G4 iMac in need of a new hard drive, apparently a known issue,
so I said while they're at it maybe they can install Jaguar (it's an Apple
certified shop).

He has no need for Jaguar EXCEPT for the following issue: his scanner drivers
don't and won't have an OSX upgrade and Jaguar does have the drivers
included. Right now
the scanning involves Classic and there have been Classic issues such as having
to install it twice, indicate it in the Chooser, etc., all 9 topics he is
totally
unfamiliar with.

So ... I think it would make sense to just go to Jaguar if he can get a
deal. The
only caveat is the scanner software (I am working on him to just buy Pshop
Elements and enjoy) which is still in 9.

Any thoughts? I'd like to get him out of the 9 world entirely if I can.

Anne Keller Smith, Webdesign
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net     http://www.earthpigz.com
Please no attachments! Thanks.