G4] Linksys BEFSR41 ver 2 Router

Judy Antipin jlap at comcast.net
Tue Jan 7 19:33:31 PST 2003

I've had  the Linksys BEFSR41 router for over two years and it's always
worked great. I disagree about the attitude of Linksys about macs.  I
never had any problem with their tech support (or much need to call
them)- ok, they don't officially support macs, but they gave me enough
info to do it fine, and even referred me to other websites for more
info. At first I had a mac and pc configured together on it, has been
two macs since Feb. when I bought my G4. I also called them to ask if
this router supported LAN networking between the two macs. They said not
officially, but it was capable of doing that, and gave the addresses of
two mac websites that offered explicit directions. So, in addition to
having both machines access the net through the router, I can also share
files between them via the router.   A couple of times when I had
questions, like when I changed cable providers and had to go to DHCP, I
just went to the Linksys website and followed the directions. Can't even
remember if they specifically addressed macs, but heck, a TCP-IP panel
isn't too hard to configure on either platform.

Judy Antipin

Best Prices for All Telecommnications Needs at http://www.jlaproductions.com
Tech support 24/7 for computers, peripherals, software at http://jlapro.juvio.com