Excel Mac 2002 Hide Detail Command

Samuel D. Bays bays.samuel at verizon.net
Wed Jan 8 08:14:35 PST 2003

I have never been able to get the Hide Detail/ Show Detail Commands to work
for me in Excel:Mac 2001. I have opened the View:Toolbars:Customize window,
scrolled to the two commands, and dragged them to the toolbar. They look as
though they are active, i.e. The icons are fully drawn, but when I select a
column to hide in a spreadsheet the icon greys out and the command cannot be
invoked.

Ironically, in a spreadsheet created with a previous version of Excel,
(converted to Excel 2001 format) and containing the Hide/Show Detail "plus"
and "Minus" tools, the buttons within the spreadsheet function properly,
although I cannot seem to expand the rows and columns over which they
operate to incorporate new data.

Any suggestions, please?

Sam Bays
Tel:    (617) 232-3705