[G4] [Off] inDesign Question

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 8 19:50:52 PST 2003

"Does anyone use inDesign? I'm looking for some
sort of
guide that outlines Quark 4.11 key codes vs. inDesign
key codes. I'm hoping to make the leap to inDesign,
but my speed and skill lies with Quark. I'm also
hesitant to change inDesign's settings to match Quark,
so I thought a guide might prove useful.

Thank you so much!!

Tara"

Indesign will mimic all the key commands for
Quark. There is a choice in the prefs to set key
commands as Adobe does or as Quark does. This
feature makes the migration very easy. And
Indesign 2 works in OS X -not Quark.

I used Pagemaker before so Adobe keys are what I
got used to. For you, after the first project, the
key commands will flow smoother. The menus will
give you most of your Key shortcuts when you do it
the slow way. Not a big curve, but still, climbing
required.

jj