[G4] 10.2.3 seems to break Remote Desktop

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 8 20:03:33 PST 2003

"Anyone out there using Remote Desktop? I do quite
a bit but hadn't
since I updated to 10.2.3, until this weekend,
tossed it on my
Girlfriend's iBook and my Pismo [I normally do it
between my G4 and my
Pismo and it works very slick, AirPort rocks].

Regardless, it doesn't work now, no Preference
Pane in System Prefs any
more ... it doesn't see the other Mac that Remote
Desktop is on until
you login and open ARD on that Mac, and then it
will often refuse your
user name and password.

Ideas?

David"

I use appleshare on TCP/IP behind my router to
connect my 2 G4s (Graphit 400 and 450 Cube) and my
connection gets broken alot. OS 9.22 on the server
and OS 10.2.3 on client. I don't get it either, it
was rock solid before Jaguar. I get the HD s
mounted and then when I close a menu or do
something with the Sys Prefs window the drives
disconnect of thier own volition. I get an error
that says disconnected and cannot reconnect but if
I use the Go menu it will reconnect without any
problems -untill it happens again. It is
specifically when working in the OSX systems
controls and menus. But it may happen when using
programs as well -I have not tested this. Although
I find this annoying it has not diconnected when I
was copying, only before or after.

Maybe there is a bug here.

jj