[G4] Firewall

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 8 20:10:35 PST 2003

"I have Jag, but not always in it.  I switch back and
forth between it and 9.2.2.  So I guess I need a
firewall for 9.2.2, right?
My mac will be on a network with one pc."

I use a router with NAT. I use Asante FriendlyNet
but Linksys has NAT as well. This will close all
your ports except what you need to send and
recieve web pages and e-mail. I believe that is
port 80. If you want to know more about your port
safty go to www.dslreports.com and use the free
portchecker. It will attack your system with calls
on all ports and tell you which ones responded. My
system in OS9 was completely closed to unsolicited
calls.

jj