Jag Bug

k s d ksd003 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 05:30:21 PST 2003

Hi all. Over the weekend I "finally" took
the plunge and made OSX my default OS.
I've had OSX since the first day of it's
release, but I'm still a newbie.

I was cleaning up the clutter of many cd's
around my computer to backup projects and
other misc files. I often use CD/RW's to
go between work and home.
Here's what I did.
I copied a couple of projects from the CD/RW
to my backup folder on my harddrive. I then
erased the CDRW and put it away. Now the
finder undo command sounds really cool, but
some time later in my attempt to hit CMD+A
to select all files, I accidently hit CMD+Z,
essentially undoing the last undoable finder
command which apparently was my copy from the
now erased CDRW. I saw the files disappear
before my eyes, thought "oops wrong key", I'll
simply redo. Finder replies something to the
effect that the original disc can't be found..
No do on the redo.
The files weren't in the trash and I don't
know enough about the command line to do
any searching there... The files have to be
somewhere... right?
These files weren't anything major, as I have
backup's of them at work.. but it could have
turned out to be a devestating loss.

-kevin

G4 450mp running OS10.2.3
512 ram,