CD Burner Question (want to buy one)

Rosenberger, Anthony B. (Tony) arr4 at cdc.gov
Mon Jan 13 04:58:34 PST 2003

I have a G4 sawtooth 450, which only has a DVD rom drive.  I am interested
in buying a CDRW drive to install.  Do I have to buy one from apple and
spend 3x more, or can I just go out and buy any IDE ATAPI CDRW drive.  I
know any ATAPI cdrom will work to read, but what about burning support on a
non apple CDRW drive from iTunes, toast, etc.  Please let me know any
experiences I should be aware of before I make the desion on which one to
buy.  I just cant see spending the extra cash since drives are so cheap.
Also, I do not want an external. Thanks all.