[G4] CD Burner Question (want to buy one)

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Mon Jan 13 06:08:17 PST 2003

 I just bought a Lite-On 48x24x48 CD-RW from Other World Computing to put in a FireWire case, but it will work as an internal as well. It is iTunes and Disk Burner compatible and goes for $70 by itself or $88 in a kit with Toast 5.2 Lite and 25 pieces of media. I have been very satisfied with mine. You can't buy just any drive, though. Not all drives work with iTunes and Disk Burner nor are all drives bootable. A good place to check is at www.xlr8yourmac.com, which maintains an extensive list of reader reports on drive compatibility. You can search for the drive your are interested in.