[G4] HD mirroring

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 14 00:13:27 PST 2003

If I remember right to mirror OS9 you just need to
drag it over. Alibiet a gig or 2 at a time so it
does not choke. Been there done that. Verify it by
looking at the bit count in the info window of
large folders and compare-they should be
identical. If not track down the offender and
redrag it. I ussually use Norton to check the sys
first and speed disk it before I move it. Your
biggest problem will be that all your alliases
will still point to the original disk and all
design files will have to be relinked (quark,
indesign, pagemaker pages). Indesign relinks are
not hard but it can be a pain in the assets of time.

To copy OSX try cccloner app available on
versiontracker. You cannot drag OSX-too many
invisable files that do not get copied.

jj