[G4] Access permissions

Wilkin, Wayne (Mass) Wayne.Wilkin at Staples.com
Tue Jan 14 05:03:42 PST 2003

You still have no idea what all the files and sub-folders have for
permissions. Try this, it take only a few minutes, if you haven't already.
Launch Disk Utility, select the "First Aid" tab. Repair the privs on the
volume.

So if your running Office 98 then it's a "Classic" app correct? Only OfficeX
is for 10. Have you also tried just to put it in the "Applications (OS 9)"
folder? Could be the OS gives different privs to apps in different folders,
OSX vs. OS9 folders for instance.

I know I am talking a different version here but in my Office for X in the
X's Applications folder the Folder for Office has these privs.
drwxrwxrwx or 777. The apps themselves are the same minus the "d" of course,
the app itself isn't a directory.

Just my 2¢, hope this helps, Wayne.