[G4] Problem with Huge File Transfer in X.

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 19 11:05:46 PST 2003

 >>I am trying to transfer a very large file
(34GB) from one drive to
another. The system gets part way through
(varies), and stops. No
panic, just stops.<<

I have had simular problems in OS9 when
transfering many files that add up to a few gig.
If it is a bunch of smaller files then transfer
them a gig or so at a time.

It may help to set your sleep pref to never for
the HDs-maybe they are sleeping when they ought
not to.

The last suggestion I have is when you have
accomplished this use get info to look at the
number of bits in the original and new files. It
should be the exact same number. If it is not then
something is corrupted. I always check this and
many times it has been out a few hundred
bits-delete and copy again gives me exactly the
same bit count. It shorts the bits about 1/3 the
time I have done large transfers.

jj