[G4] [OT] tax software preferences?

Winsor Crosby wincros at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 23 16:51:19 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 06:46  AM, Davis Gaffga wrote:

> I have for years used MaxInTax / Turbo Tax  but this I am switching to
> Tax Cut. The reason, in part is as a protest against Intuit, but I
> also believe it to be a a better product for the money.
>
> 		Davis Gaffga

For what it is worth, I am doing just the opposite. The last two years
Tax Cut brought down my computer repeatedly. Last year the software
messed up the electronic filing and I had to print out all the forms
and send them in. Tax Cut would not remove the electronic filing charge
from my credit card.  They did give me back some money on the software
though. I will try Intuit again this year and if there is no
improvement I will just do my taxes by hand in the future.

I understand that some people have installed Virtual PC and run the
Windows version of Turbo Tax. Not sure how it works, but I hate to
support any company that puts out bad software for the Mac.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA