[G4] How to turn off HTML rendering in Netscape 4.76

Winsor Crosby wincros at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 23 17:05:39 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 08:58  AM, David Crandon wrote:

> Hello, this is off topic, but I just became aware (duh!) that when
> using
> any email program that accepts and displays HTML email, that your email
> address is given to the sender, therefore verifying it as valid to
> spammers.
>
> For email, I use Netscape Communicator 4.76 in OS9. Eventually I'll
> switch to Apple's Mail, but not yet. Can anyone tell me how to turn off
> HTML rendering in emails I receive? I found the pref to turn off HTML
> rendering in what I send, but it doesn't say anything in reference to
> what I receive. I also found the pref to turn off JAVA in emails I
> receive, but again, not HTML.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Crandon

It is interesting that the information you are talking about came from
Apple and Mail does not provide any way to turn it off. Maybe in a
future version? Even my older version(4.3) of Eudora which is much more
configurable does not allow turning it off except when sending it.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA